Mullite Bricks are manufacture with mullite as the main raw material through molding and firing in the high temperature. Its refractoriness is higher up to 1790℃, its apparent initial softening temperature is 1600~1700℃. Its cold crushing strength is 70~260MPa. It has good thermal shock resistance.
There are two types of Mullite Brick and Fusion Cast Mullite Brick
- Sintered Mullite Brick is made of bauxite chamotte as the main raw material by adding little clay or raw bauxite as the binding agent through molding and firing.
- Fusion Cast Mullite Brick is produced with high bauxite, commercial alumina and fireclay as the raw materials by adding wood carbon or coke particle as the reducing agent after molding with electric melting method.
Properties of Mullite Brick
- High refractoriness
- Good thermal shock resistance
- Strong acid erosion resistance
- High high-temperature strength
- Great wear resistance
- Low thermal expansion coefficient
- High thermal conductivity
Application of Mullite Brick
- Furnace roof of hot blast stove
- Furnace stack and bottom of blast furnace
- Regenerative chamber of glass melting furnace
- Ceramic high temperature furnace